Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Here we go again for the LAST TIME!



So, after many months of "letting myself go", I have jumped on the wellness train for what I hope is the final time! Well, I'm hoping this is the beginning of my new "healthy lifestyle"! I was fortunate enough to get into a wellness program sponsored through my employer. This program is AMAZING! I will have a wellness coach, fitness coach, nurse, and nutritionist to support me along the way. I will attend Weight Watchers for free and be given financial incentives ($15 for every 2 lbs. lost and once I get to my goal I will receive $250 a year for 5 years as long as I am within 5 lbs of my goal weight!)Yesterday was the orientation for the program. It was such a great, motivating day! I arrived and was escorted to my seat-had a "before" photo taken and found a gym bag, water bottle, this cookbook...






And this book...


We were broken down into groups of 20 people. These groups will have all of our meetings together and will get to know each other well. There were several speakers, we went over the program, and we were shown several participants before/after photos from last years group. AMAZING. The group of approximately 300 participants lost over EIGHT THOUSAND POUNDS! Unbelievable! There were several people who were able to get off medications, several people who have taken up new hobbies such as running races, competing in triathlons, etc. It was just unbelievable! So, now my goal is to be one of those people on the slideshow next year! I am super excited!
This morning, I was out the door at 6:00 to get the girls to daycare at 6:30 to get to the gym at 7:00. Our group has a Tues/Thurs 7:00 am workout session. I did it! I was so proud and felt so good! Then, I went to work, ate my yogurt/blueberries/flaxseed/kashi go lean crunch/all-bran breakfast. Snack was a few grapes. Now it's time for lunch: today is a salad with romaine, cucumber, carrots, sliced almonds, 1 hardboiled egg, chickpeas, and 1 T dressing. Snack will be an apple and/or a banana. Tonight is my first Weight Watcher's meeting ever! So, tomorrow I will post my (gasp) weight and goal weight.
Ready, Set, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment