Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Sage is 18!

It just doesn't seem possible...Sage is all grown up! How can 18 years go by so quickly? It seems like yesterday I was holding him in my arms and here we are-18 years later!
Sage,
The minute I held you in my arms for the first time, I knew that my life had changed. I wanted to be a better person for you. I wanted to make a better life for you. When I went to college, you were my study partner(remember Anatomy & Physiology?!). When I wanted to go shopping, you were my shopping buddy. It was you & me against the world! When Andy & I got married, we danced to "Through the Years"-you requested that song and I cried the entire dance! When your sisters were born, you became a big brother after being an only child for almost 15 years. You are the best big brother a girl could ask for-Maya & Suri are so lucky to have you (even if you are a bit over-protective!). We have had so many great times and memories and will continue to have many, many more in the future! I Love You, Sage. My one piece of advice for you (you know I have to do it!) is to NEVER settle. Go for the Gold-Reach for the Stars-and most of all...my favorite of all time-as I have have told you time and time again....


YOU GET MORE FLIES WITH HONEY THAN VINEGAR! ha ha...I couldn't let it go without saying that! I love you, Sage!

We took Sage to lunch on his birthday. We were planning on going to Red Robin, but they were closed due to some water heater problem or something, so Sage chose Longhorn. Me, Anand, Maya & Suri, Mom & Dad, Nana, Aunt, & Stacy all came along to wish Sage Happy Birthday. Here I am avoiding the thought of having an adult child...
Here are Mom, Nana & Aunt...
Here is a table shot taken by Anand...
Here is Anand ...
Here is the Birthday Boy!
Here is Maya coloring...
Here is the cake that Stacy made! Thank you Stacy!! Sorry for the horrible picture-Sage had already cut into it. It was awesome-homemade checkerboard! VERY creative! Stacy's new nickname is Martha!

Here is my father crying at the thought of being the grandfather of an adult!!
He really did cry! Mom had written in Sage's card and when Dad read it he bawled like a baby! Awww...

And here is my lunch. I was a good girl and had a Grilled Vegetable Salad with no dressing. It had romaine, grilled asparagus, corn, zucchini, summer squash, a grilled chicken breast and feta cheese. YUM!
We had a nice time.

Happy Birthday Sage! Here's to MANY, MANY more and a lifetime of happiness & health. We love you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you :)
    I know, everything goes by so fast...besides school.
    I only have one late birthday request...take the last picture of me off!!! It's horrible!

    ReplyDelete