Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Egg White Puffs! And update

Looking for a little extra protein? Well, you can thank Sarah for this. :)

When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it. They are healthy, puffy, and you can flavor them a hundred different ways. One recommendation I have, though, is to use real eggs for the whites instead of using the liquid whites. I tried both and I'm not sure if it was just the whites I had or what, but they just didn't form stiff peaks. I had them beating for like 10 minutes and they still didn't peak. I baked them anyway, but they were pretty flat. Here are pictures of both:

I drizzled the first batch with peanut flour "frosting"-simply peanut flour mixed with water to a frosting consistency.




See how flat they are?

Here is the second batch. For this batch, I grated a bit of parmesan cheese on top before baking:




See the difference? Much more puffy!
They make a great little snack! Here is the recipe:

Egg White Protein Puffs

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat 4 egg whites with electric mixer for about 4 minutes until stiff peaks form. Bake for 3-5 minutes, or until slightly brown.

Top with anything you like-peanut flour "frosting", protein powder "frosting", grated Parmesan, 1/4 cup pumpkin & 1 tsp. cinnamon, etc. enjoy!


In other news, I went back to the gym yesterday-first time since my surgery 4 weeks ago! I was able to do 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. My heart rate was really high, but that was expected. I went today as well...feeling great! I took a picture :)




I also went back to Weight Watchers for the first time since surgery. I have been eating pretty well, but was a bit worried due to the lack of exercise. I was very happy to hear that I have maintained my weight spot-on since before surgery! So now that I'm back in the gym, the weight will start coming off again.

Have a great day!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment