Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

Marvelous in My Monday & Weekend Recap!



It's that time again...time for a MARVELOUS MONDAY!

I don't know about you, but these posts make Mondays a bit more bearable. :)

I had a fabulous weekend. My parents had the girls over for the weekend, so hubby & I got some much-needed time alone. We woke up Saturday morning with an open slate of a day in front of us. We had coffee and then decided to go to brunch at Slate's. I had the fresh Maine crabmeat, spinach & havarti omelet and an Italian Mimosa-PERFECT way to start the day!After brunch, we headed to Portland to do some shopping for the hubs. After shopping, we went to J's Oyster. J's makes THE BEST Bloody Mary's hands-down that I've ever had in my life (and I am totally not a tomato juice or bloody mary lover).


We also had some raw oysters. YUM. Seriously the best combination ever.



We had a bit of Instagram fun:



After an unfortunate (but funny) "toilet paper on the shoe" incident, we made our way out of J's and decided to walk around a bit. My friend, Kelly, had told me (after hearing my undying love of french fries) about a place that sells the best fries, Duckfat. We decided to stop in and try an order.

They have several dipping sauces for the fries. We tried the truffle ketchup & the tomato aioli-both fantastic. We also played with the magnetic words:

(yes, he agreed that he does).

On our way home, we decided to stop at a campground to surprise Stacy & Paul since Stacy had the anniversary of her 29th birthday (ha!) on Sunday. She hadn't received her stack of "a card for every year" birthday cards yet, but this morning she texted me that her mailbox was full, so I bet she is having a Marvelous Monday!


We visited for a bit, then got kicked out-haha. We hadn't registered at the office and a camper came in to the empty spot we were parked in. We're bad asses like that. :)

After being booted out of the campground, we went home. It was a really great day!

Yesterday was spent relaxing and prepping for the week. It's my first full work week in a month, so I'm sure I'll be exhausted on Friday! I started the morning in the gym, packed my food, so I'm ready for it.

Bring on the Marvelousness! :)


1 comment:

  1. a cone of french fries? That is always marvelous! glad you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete