Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Health Update

I figured it was time for yet another health update. You can read the last one HERE. So, I started the Cellcept on April 6. The first week, I was on 1000 mg and then I had to double my dose the next week. I felt really good the first two weeks. I had energy, which was awesome. I still had some nausea, but not bad enough to really effect me too much. I was so excited...it seemed like it was the medication for me. Then, last week hit. I was ok the first part of the week, but then Wednesday afternoon I got really tired. I thought maybe I had overdone it at home, but by the time I got home Wednesday evening, I was exhausted. I woke up on Thursday feeling that "methotrexate exhaustion" all over again. I literally slept on the couch all day and then did the same thing on Friday. I knew I had to email my doctor, but was scared. That afternoon, I decided that I couldn't continue on this way, so I emailed him. He replied for me to cut my dose in half to see if that helped. So, that evening, I did just that. Saturday morning, I had to get out of the house. I had been on the couch for so long my body ached. We got some groceries and I had my hair done in the afternoon, but yet again-I was just so exhausted. Sunday morning, I got up and actually had some energy! I thought I was turning a corner. Well, by Sunday afternoon I was right back on the couch. Anand had left to go back to work, and I called him to let him know. I was so frustrated, the girls weren't listening to me, and I just wanted to cry. Then, my mother called right at the perfect time-I was about to cry on the phone. She said she would come over and stay. So, she came over and spent the night. I went to bed at 6:45 and slept all night. I woke up on Monday morning just as exhausted as ever, so I stayed home. This morning, I decided I needed to at least go in to work for a couple of hours since I haven't been in since Wednesday. I am just going to listen to my body and when it's time to go home, it's time to go home. I am pretty scared of what will come next, but I just can't go on like this any longer...so, I have emailed him to find out what the next step is. I'll update as soon as I hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment