Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm BACK!

and I'm raring to go! It has been a very long few months. Anyways, without getting into it all, I had some pretty serious health issues but I'm back and ready to get back on the wagon again. I was inspired (this time...ha ha!) by Dr. Oz. I read his book "You: On a Diet" and it pretty much scared me into submission (in a good way)! So, after being diagnosed with pre-diabetes (glucose level of 121), I went to see a nutritionist to set me on track. My weight was 178 (yep, gained it all back). I finally feel motivated to get healthy. For the past few weeks, my husband & I have been working hard to get healthy. We started by cutting out some bad things (sugar, white rice & pasta, simple carbohydrates, high fructose corn syrup, enriched flours) and adding in lots of healthy foods (brown rice, whole wheat pasta, 100% whole wheat bread products without and hfcs, plenty of vegetables & fruits, walnuts, etc.). I lost 4 pounds in a week and feel great so it is obviously what I needed to do. I haven't stepped back on the scale, but will on Monday morning. I can tell my clothes feel looser. We ordered Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD and I am starting Yoga & Pilates next week at the gym by work.

So, beginning Monday I will be posting more frequently and hopefully it will last longer this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment