Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

YAY!

I hopped on the scales Saturday morning and, lo and behold, I have lost 9.2 pounds!! What a fabulous surprise! That certainly kept me motivated throughout the weekend. I am on round 3 of antibiotics in less than a month for a sinus infection that won't quit, though, so I certainly wasn't feeling great this weekend.


We tried something new on Sunday. Weekday mornings and evenings are so hectic with twin 2 year old girls running around, so something had to give! We went grocery shopping armed with a meal plan for the week. We bought 10 gladware containers for lunches and 10 for breakfasts and prepped, cooked, and packed our meals for the week. So far so good-it seems nice to be able to just reach in and pull out a container to pack in our lunch bag! Breakfast is fat-free organic vanilla yogurt with blueberries and Kashi go-lean crunch sprinkled with a bit of flaxseed. We had a few options for lunch. My favorite is grilled salmon, peanut soba noodles and roasted broccoli. YUM! We also made an Indian dal curry with brown rice and ground chicken kabobs with tons of veggies mixed in served with lettuce and a 100% whole wheat wrap. I also packed up baby carrots, radishes, and walnuts in snack-sized bags and we throw in an apple, banana, or whatever fruit we have on hand. Dinner is what is left from making the lunches. We're both really loving this. It truly makes the mornings and evenings so much more relaxed. For snacks at night, I'll have either air-popped popcorn sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkled with garlic salt (Dr. Oz secret) or a 100% whole wheat english muffin with some natural peanut butter.


Yesterday, we ended up having a snow day. Nice to have the day off, but seriously-when is spring?! I've had enough winter! We decided to take the girls to daycare (it was open which never usually happens when we have a snow day) and take a few hours for ourselves. We went to breakfast. I resisted temptation and had a veggie omelet with "half the cheese". I asked for whole wheat toast, but forgot to tell them to keep it dry. It was literally soaked in butter, so I skipped it. I gave hubby the hashbrowns! I'm so proud of myself! Then, we went to Kohl's to look around and I found these little beauties...

Love them! Simply Vera "Festive" black slingbacks. Originally $69.99 for $13.99 plus an additional 15% off!!

Last night, I was glued to the tv watching The Bachelor. Love, love, love the show. Drama. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment