I found a blog that has some really great information on it along with some great healthy recipes. It's called "Kath Eats Real Food" and can be found here:
http://www.katheats.com/?page_id=2544
Yesterday I noticed a recipe for "kale chips". Basically, you take some kale, rip it into bite-sized pieces, sprinkle with kosher salt and any other seasonings you like, and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. I figured what the heck-give them a try. Kale is nutritious so I figured it would be a nice snack for us in the evening. So, I made them last night. One of our daughters LOVED them, the other spit them out. Anand didn't care for them, but I really liked them. They didn't taste or smell like "real" chips to me, but they had a nice crunch, were salty and made one heck of a snack! I think they would be great alongside a sandwich. I'll definitely make them again.
No comments:
Post a Comment