Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kickboxing Class!

Imagine my surprise this morning...I go into the gym for my walking/strengthening group and find out that Becky is out sick today. Holly (another trainer at the gym) says that we can join her kickboxing class if we'd like. At that moment, I thought about heading for the door and running :) Holly is great-I used to take Pilates with her, but I've seen that kickboxing class and it is INTENSE! Well, I figured what the heck. WOWZA. That was quite the workout. It definitely got my heart pumping!

We did a "warm-up". Now, when I think warm-up, I think of stretching and breathing-not running, punching, jumping and feeling like I'm going to drop only 10 seconds into it! Then, we moved on to circuits. Holly set up 10 circuits ranging from lunges (and wouldn't you know-that was my first), jumping rope, curls, running through cones and doing jumping jacks at each end, squats, kicking a punching bag, and sit-ups. I did it and I am very proud of the fact that I did it!It certainly wasn't easy, but I made it through and I plan on doing it again!

Get well soon Becky!

UPDATE: I just got my biopsy results-BENIGN! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment