Search This Blog

Thursday, November 5, 2009

My First Running Shoe Fitting!

I decided to go get fitted for my first pair of running shoes! I had read that you should get fitted at a local shoe store to make sure you get the correct pair for your feet to prevent injuries. Since I have hardware in my right ankle, I definitely want to prevent any further injury! I'm surprisingly really enjoying running (well, jogging right now) so thought I might as well go for it. I went to my local running store. They measured my feet-I'm a size 7, but he recommended that I go with a 7.5 for running to give a bit of toe room. He also told me that I have a wide foot so I should go with a wide shoe. I'm a pronator-my feet turn in when I walk so I need a stable shoe that doesn't allow my foot to turn in. Apparently, that can cause injury to the knees & hips. So, he recommended either Saucony or New Balance. I tried both but decided to go with the Saucony-it felt so light on my foot! I got the Saucony ProGrid Stabil CS-here is a picture...

I also got an exercise ball & a medicine ball (both in pink of course!).

In not so good news, my little Suri has the flu. I am home with her-she is really sick-running a high fever. I took Maya to daycare this morning and went to the gym and then came home so Anand could go into work. I can't believe I still went to the gym! Before, I would have made every excuse in the book not to go but I am finding that something inside of me has changed-I look forward to going to the gym and get cranky if I can't go. It's really strange (in a good way!).






No comments:

Post a Comment