Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Weigh-In Day!

And I'm nervous as usual. I'm afraid I'm going to gain. I do know that I have exercised more in the past month than I have in my whole life!

Saturday morning, we got up and went for a jog/walk. We went to the track and I walked a lap, then jogged a lap. I didn't think I would be able to jog the whole lap, so my goal was to get halfway around. Well, surprisingly, I was able to do the full lap!! Then, I walked a lap. I repeated 3 times. Then, I walked around 4 more laps. I was very proud of myself! Then, we took the girls to the playground and played with them for a while.

After our jog/walk, we went grocery shopping. We picked up some Almond Breeze to make protein shakes with once we get our order from GNC.

Saturday night was Halloween. We dressed up (yes, me too!) and went trick-or-treating at my parent's house, my aunt & grandmother's, my cousin & her husband's. We stopped at our friends house as well, but the girls were sleeping at that point. Suri had started running a fever and coughing at that point as well so we went home.

Sunday we stayed at home with a sick Suri. I made a big pot of "disease-fighting soup". I'll post the recipe-it has tons of veggies & herbs. Suri was sick all day Sunday...I stayed home with her yesterday. By last night, she was much better. Let's hope it stays that way and the rest of us stay healthy as well! We've been loading up on fruits & veggies, vitamin D, lots of water. I read yesterday that a couple of things you can do to prevent H1N1 is to gargle with either saltwater or Listerine twice a day and use a Neti pot. So, I've been trying to do those. Better safe than sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment