On New Year's Eve, I got a call saying that my father had been in an accident. All my mother knew was that he was in an ambulance and was conscious. I was so scared. I called Anand and we headed to the hospital. On a whim, I called Dad's cell to see if he answered. He did! It was so good to hear his voice! He said he had a headache and was going on a ride to the hospital. I called Mom to let her know that I spoke to him, which relieved her as well. We got to the hospital before Dad did. Then, we found out he had not been in a car accident as we had thought-he had hit his head on some equipment and it cut his head open. They stapled his head, we fought the doctor to get a CT scan (which thankfully was negative), then they sent Dad home. We went to Mom & Dad's and ate chinese food for NYE dinner. We got home around 10:30, went in the hot tub, then at 11:45 turned on the tv to watch the ball drop. Quite an exciting NYE!
On Saturday, we shoveled and played in the snow. The girls loved sliding! Then, Saturday night, Anand & I had a "date night". We went to dinner and a movie-saw this:

I liked it, but Anand-not so much. It was a different story-but I love musicals and the costumes & music were great.
Sunday morning-more shoveling. We got 18 inches of snow over the previous 4 days! EIGHTEEN inches. Saturday's snow was light and fluffy so not too hard to shovel. Sunday was horrendous-it was so heavy & wet. HARD work! But a good workout :)
I went to the gym this morning. I have a doctor's appt today at 3:00-follow-up on my stress fracture. Let's hope I can "doomba" tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment