I love tofu in Pad Thai, but can never seem to like tofu at home. I've tried several methods of cooking it, but I'm always disappointed in how it turns out. Well, finally-a KEEPER! I found this recipe on one of my favorite cooking blogs, http://www.carascravings.blogspot.com/
Sesame-Maple-Ginger Tofu
1 14 oz. block extra-firm water-packed tofu, rinsed, patted dry and cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Freshly Ground Pepper
1 T Tahini
1 T Tamari
1 tsp. Sesame Oil
1 T Pure Maple Syrup
1 tsp. Cider Vinegar
Sesame Seeds (oops-I forgot)
Pinch of Ground Ginger & Crushed Red Pepper (oops again!)
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Spray a ceramic baking dish (I used a baking sheet) with nonstick cooking spray and add the tofu cubes. Lightly spray with more nonstick cooking spray and season with salt & pepper. Roast for 10-12 minutes, or until the pieces are lightly browned on the bottom. Turn the pieces over, and roast for another 10 minutes.
Whisk remaining ingredients in a small dish until combined. Remove the tofu from the oven and toss with the mixture. Return to the oven and roast for another 5-10 minutes, turning once, until desired crispiness is reached.
Nutritional Info:
Servings per recipe-4
Per serving:
Calories-148.4
Total Fat-8 g
Protein: 10 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
Sodium: 148.8 mg
Total Carbs: 7.5 g
WW Points: 2
No comments:
Post a Comment