This recipe is from the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. YUM!
Cold Sesame Noodles (I actually prefer it hot)
Makes 8 servings
6 oz chow mein noodles or spaghetti (I used whole wheat spaghetti)
1/3 C reduced-fat smooth peanut butter (I used natural ground peanuts)
1/3 C water
3 T ketchup
2 T hoisin Sauce
2 T reduced-sodium soy sauce (Tamari)
2 T packed light brown sugar (OOPS! I was looking at this and realized that I forgot it! It was great without it and less calories :)
1 T rice vinegar
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 scallions, chopped
1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, water, ketchup, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and oil. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until well mixed. Remove from the heat and cool about 10 minutes. Toss the noodles with the sauce, sprinkle with scallions and serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment