Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tracking Food

When I met with Aaron for my 18 week assessment, we talked about some things I could do to "push it to the next level". One was to up my cardio and another recommendation Aaron had was to track my food. Yes, I'm doing WW but I haven't actually counted points since November or so. I have been eating a mostly clean diet and working out consistently. Everything has been going along good, but I want to bump it up a bit-I'm also curious to see if I've pushed myself into more of a maintenance mode. So, I decided to track for a week and see how it goes. Of all weeks, this may not have been the ideal  (only women will understand that one!)...ha ha! Well, here goes! I think I'll edit this post every day with my tracking rather than putting up a bunch of tracking posts-it will be easier to review that way.

I get 20 points a day. I am not planning on eating all of my activity points.

Day One (Wednesday, Feb. 3)

Breakfast: 3 points
1/2 C fat free Greek Yogurt, plain with 1 packet of Splenda
1/4 C mixture-Kashi Go Lean & All Bran Bran Buds
1/4 C Blueberries
Flaxseed
Coffee with splenda & 1% milk

Snack: 1 point
2 Clementines

Lunch: 11 points (Yikes. I was having a carb aka mac & cheese craving!)
Whole Grain, Organic Mac & Cheese-1.5 C
Peas, 1/2 C
Tuna, 1/4 C

Snack: 1 point
Apple, small

Dinner: 6 points
WW Recipe-Sesame Noodles, 1/3 C (what kind of serving is that?!)
Sesame/Maple/Ginger Roasted Tofu cubes, 1/2 C
Roasted Mushrooms (drizzled with olive oil & thyme before roasted)

Total points for day: 22

Work-out: Bollywood Workout DVD (45 Minutes)-2 Activity Points

So, I used my activity points today!


Day 2 (Thursday, Feb. 4)

Breakfast: 3 points

1/2 C fat free Greek Yogurt, plain with 1 packet of Splenda
1/4 C mixture-Kashi Go Lean & All Bran Bran Buds
1/4 C Blueberries
Flaxseed
Coffee with splenda & 1% milk


Snack: 1 point

2 Clementines

Lunch: 8 points
Sesame Noodles, 2/3 C

Snack: 1 point
Apple, small

Dinner: 6 points
1 Cod Loin, baked with sundried tomatoes
1/2 C Brown Rice
Snack: 1 point
Popcorn, air-popped with cooking spray (Pam), nutritional yeast & dill

Total Points for day: 20

Work-outs: Strength Training (30 Minutes)-2
                    Doomba (45 Minutes)-6

Day 3 (Friday, Feb. 5)

Breakfast: 3 points

1/2 C fat free Greek Yogurt, plain with 1 packet of Splenda
1/4 C mixture-Kashi Go Lean & All Bran Bran Buds
1/4 C Blueberries
Flaxseed
Coffee with splenda & 1% milk

Lunch: (Beware: this is my one chosen "splurge" meal) 20 points

1/2 C Sesame Chicken
1/2 C Fried Rice
1 Crab Rangoon
1 Chicken Finger

Dinner: 8 points
Amy's Organic frozen Tamale Verde meal YUM. Was it ever good! I very rarely eat the frozen meals, but it was Friday night, I was feeling lazy and there it was! Kind of high in sodium, but delish!
Snack: 1 point
Popcorn (air-popped) with Pam cooking spray, nutritional yeast & dill

Work-out: Morning Express class (Strength/Cardio): 2 Activity Points

Total Points For Day: 32 (yikes!) Good thing I have 35 weekly points!

Day 4 (Saturday, Feb. 6)

Breakfast: 4 points
1 cup Kashi U Cereal
1/4 cup 1% milk
1/2 Banana
1 tsp. Peanut Butter

Lunch: 7 points
Grilled Vegetable Salad (romaine, grilled asparagus, summer squash, zucchini, red onion, feta and chicken breast)

Dinner: 4 points
1 cup whole grain pasta
1/4 cup tuna
Peas

Snack: 1 point
Popcorn (air-popped with Pam cooking spray, nutritional yeast & dill)

Total Points for Day: 16  (oops)

Day 5 (Sunday, Feb. 7)

Breakfast: 3 points
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup blueberries
flaxseed
1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch/All Bran cereal

Snack: 1 point
Apple, small

Lunch: 6 points
1 cup Bisebele bhath (Indian lentil/vegetable stew)

Snack: 1 point
2 Clementines

Dinner: 11 points SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!
Nachos (all natural blue corn chips, shredded chicken breast, lowfat cheese)
1 wing

Total Points for Day: 22

Day 6 (Monday, Feb. 8)

Breakfast: 3 points
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup blueberries
flaxseed
1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch/All Bran cereal

Snack: 1 point
Apple, small

Lunch: 6 points
Grilled Salmon (3 oz)
1/2 cup brown rice
Asparagus

Snack:  7 points Valentine's Day Party at work!
Red Velvet Cupcake! YUM!

Dinner:3 points
1/2 cup whole wheat pasta
Swiss Chard
3 small pieces chicken apple sausage

Snack: 1 point
Popcorn (air-popped, sprayed with Pam cooking spray, nutritional yeast & dill)
Total Points for Day: 21
Work-out: Morning Express class (strengthening/cardio): 2 activity points


Day 7 (Tuesday, Feb. 9)

Breakfast: 3 points
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt

1/4 cup blueberries
flaxseed
1/4 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch/All Bran cereal

Lunch: 6 points
Grilled Salmon, 3 oz.
1/2 cup brown rice
asparagus

Dinner:

Work-outs:
Strength Training (30 Minutes)-2

Doomba (45 Minutes)-6
















No comments:

Post a Comment