Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Back in the Gym!

I made it back to the gym today and I FEEL GREAT! I got into a rut again...I feel fat, sluggish, bloated, lazy, no energy at all, and just plain awful. My clothes are feeling tight and I'm not enjoying getting ready like I normally do. I feel like every time I have a "roadblock" (health issue) I revert back to old habits. So, after not going to the gym and loading myself with  carbs & sugar for several weeks now, I met with my wellness coach yesterday afternoon. I told her I needed an intervention. I know what to do to feel better-work out and eat nutritiously. But, it's like I'm fighting myself. It sounds so ridiculous when I say it out loud. It's like I have 2 choices-the first one would be to work out and eat well, the second one is to not work out and eat crappy. To feel well, the first choice is the obvious one for me, but for some reason I keep going with the second one. I was able to really let it all out and get to the root of the problem. Once again, it's the whole "all or nothing" thinking and lack of patience. So, we talked about what the first step would be for me to feel better. For me, going to the gym is the first step. When I work out, it puts me in a good mood and I tend to eat way better. So, what do I need to do? I need to GO TO THE GYM! We also talked about starting with just one thing instead of overwhelming myself with everything at once. We came up with a slogan for me to say when I get in the "why bother" mindframe. Why bother? Because I WANT TO FEEL BETTER AND I CAN CONTROL THAT!

Last night, I packed my gym bag. This morning, I woke up and decided that I wanted to go to the gym. I got there and the minute I got on the elliptical, I smiled. This was exactly what I needed! I did 25 minutes and yeah, my heart rate was definitely high, but I did it and I feel FABULOUS! And do you know what? I will be there tomorrow morning as well!

And the whole "eating nutritiously" thing? I made a green smoothie (lowfat milk, spinach, 1/2 banana, 1 tsp. natural peanut butter, 1 scoop Tera's Whey Protein Powder, handful of berries) this morning! I know from experience that after a workout I like to have a "clean" breakfast so I made it so it would be available if I wanted it. Yep-I drank it and it was great.

Today is my appointment with the eye surgeon. Let's get this eye problem fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment