Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Update on my Eye...

First of all, let me just say I hit the gym again this morning! WOO HOO!

Remember my never-ending eye saga? I went to the eye surgeon yesterday. He took one look and said I definitely have blocked lacrimal ducts. I also have an ectropian, which he says was caused by the build-up of tears.  He wouldn't even attempt a probing & irrigation-he said it's too swollen. I have to have surgery on April 18. He is going to do three procedures:

1. Probing & Irrigation
2. 3 Snip Punctoplasty
3. Repair of Ectropian left lower lid

In the meantime, he gave me a prescription for a steroid cream which may correct the ectropian. If it does, I won't need the surgical repair of that, but he won't know for sure until he gets in there.

So...hopefully in a little more than 3 weeks this will be behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment