Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Saga Continues...

So, remember THIS POST where I excitedly proclaimed my eye issue was fixed?! Well, not so much. We are one (3 actually) step (s)closer, but my eye is still dripping like a faucet.

After Monday's procedure, it was 95% better. I woke up Tuesday morning and it was still great. Then, at work around 9:00, I felt it welling up again and it started tearing. I called my eye doctor and they told me to call them back if it got worse. Well, by this morning I was right back at square one. I called and they squeezed me in for an afternoon appointment. I got there and they put some anesthetic drops in so he could try to open up the tear ducts and irrigate them. Well, today was worse than Monday...I could feel it even after several anesthetic drops. Then, he tried irrigating and the duct kept closing back up. Like immediately after he opened it. So, he decided to try to open up the top one. Well, that one was closed tight and swollen. He wasn't able to even get to it. He told me that I need to go to an eye surgeon who will inject an anesthetic into my eyelid (sounds like a fun time, no?!) and try opening & irrigating. If that doesn't work, there is another procedure he will do, and if that fails, last option will be surgical insertion of a stent between the ducts and my nose that will keep it open.

My appointment is a week from tomorrow (3/22). Let's hope it works on the first try...(as I sit here with tears running down my left cheek).


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment