Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

BIG News!

Today is a BIG and exciting day in our home. After about a year of discussion and decision-making, we made the definitive decision about six months ago that I would leave my job in June of this year. June seemed like a good time because the girls will be out of their first year of school and we can spend the summer together in transition. My husband is my biggest supporter. He works very hard to take care of our family and I feel extremely blessed to have the opportunity to be able to stay home with our daughters. My new "position" will be taking care of myself (FIGHTING THIS DISEASE) and guiding our daughters through their adolescent years. I will be very busy with their involvement in extracurricular activities and keeping our home in order and I couldn't be more excited! We will also get to spend a lot more quality time as a family because the whole weekend won't be spent cleaning up from the previous and prepping for the next.

When I was diagnosed, my husband suggested that I just give my notice then so I could focus on my health. I was very against that idea and started questioning myself. Then, after talking to my cousin, Stacy, who battled Hodgkin's Lymphoma while we were in our early twenties, she put it into perspective for me. I didn't want to give up the one piece of normalcy that I still had control over. It made total sense! I wanted to leave my position in June just as I had planned. I'm so lucky to have Stacy because she gets it. The next hurdle was when to give my notice. I wanted to give my boss plenty of notice (I've been in my position here for the past 12 years!), but not too much notice (if that makes sense). I told my team first-I love those girls and felt that they should be the first at work to know. Then, last week I had a dream one night that I had given my notice. When I woke up, I felt quite a bit of anxiety about it. Then, I just felt like it was time. I was ready. So, this weekend we talked about it yet again and decided this was the week. So, this morning I met with my boss and gave my notice! My last day at work will be Friday, June 7, which is also the girls' last day of school. I also gave my resignation in writing to Human Resources. It's OFFICIAL! I am so excited and cannot wait to see what this next new phase in my life brings! And to spend more time with these little ladies (having after school tea parties, polishing our nails, practicing their dance routines, meal planning, crafting, -ok-you get the picture!).



And enjoying time together as a family:


No comments:

Post a Comment