Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Long Time No Blog!

It has been awhile...
I've missed blogging, so I'm back!

I could give a really long update, but I'll try to keep it short :)

After months of no workouts and eating not so well (ok-eating horribly!), I've decided I'm ready to get back on the track to feeling good. I'm still having treatments, but they are now every 8 weeks, so I have a good gap between them. My eyes are doing well!

So, I knew that I wanted some sort of program with structure. I researched several options and several gyms. I kept going back to the Y because I love that they offer so much...tons of classes, great (new!) equipment, two locations, pools, saunas, personal trainers, etc. I also love that they offer the family plan so that we can all go on the weekends if we want. Plus, we have been wanting to enroll the girls in swimming lessons, so it just seemed like a great fit. Early last week, I was looking at the Y's website and came across a program that reminded me a lot of my beloved ME First program (which I still miss terribly!). Here is the flyer:





A 12 week program where I will be placed with a group of four plus 1.5 hours of personal training per week for $90?! SOLD! I went that very morning and signed up! Then, I went to Target and bought two new workout outfits! I had just organized my closet a couple of weeks ago and told my husband how I have enough workout outfits to go to the gym for a month without wearing the same one twice. What can I say...cute, new gym clothes motivate me to go to the gym! I'll take all the motivation I can get at this point!

The kick-off meeting was last night. We were put into groups by day & time availability and then had to decide on our workout days & times. My group of six women chose me as our "Team Captain"-basically I will be the contact person for our group. We chose Tuesdays & Thursdays from 11:00-11:45 as our personal training sessions. We are also encouraged to go to the gym on other days as well to get more activity in. We met our trainer, Val, who seems to be pretty darn awesome! She is super energetic and encouraging. I am really excited to work with her. Our first group workout is tomorrow, although me and one other woman in my group went to a toning class that Val was teaching tonight. My kids had swimming lessons from 3:45-4:30 (yep-we signed them up too!) and Val had encouraged us to try the toning class at 5:00, so it worked out perfectly! I met with Val prior to the class for weight & body fat measurements...ugh. I'll admit I was nervous about the class-it has been a long time since I've taken a group fitness class. The girls joined in too and they had fun. The class was SO MUCH FUN! Val was amazing-she is such a positive, happy, energetic person that it totally rubs off on you.

This morning, I called my hairdresser to schedule a "cover the glitter" appointment and she was able to fit me right in! Then, I went to Target to get something I've been wanting for awhile-a Fitbit Flex! I figure it will motivate me to get activity in. It's so pretty and I love it so far! I got the Violet:





Then I came home and prepped for a healthy dinner. It was SO good and super healthy-Asian Salmon Bowl from the skinnytaste website. I'll definitely be making this one again!





I'm feeling motivated & ready to get back on track to living a healthy lifestyle. Oh, and blogging :)

See you soon!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment