Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Tuesday! It's Weight Watchers weigh-in day. I'm nervous as usual! I did well over the long weekend. We had a picnic on Saturday. I made sliced turkey sandwiches on Arnold sandwich thins with lots of lettuce & mustard. They were yummy! I also packed carrots, apples, and pretzel sticks with hummus. Nice, healthy picnic! We did some walking & playing with the girls as well so I even got a bit of exercise in.

Yesterday, I went to the dentist for an exam & cleaning. Well, that didn't go exactly as planned. It was a new dentist so they did a very thorough exam with tons of x-rays. He found a lesion on the left side of my tongue, so he scheduled me for an excisional biopsy on Oct. 28. I knew that the "spot" was on my tongue-it's been there for at least 3 months, but I just assumed that it was from my teeth. I thought it was a bit odd that it wasn't going away, but really haven't thought much about it. It doesn't hurt at all. He thinks it's benign but wants me to see an oral surgeon. He would not schedule my cleaning until after this is taken care of. My biggest concern at this point is honestly my diet & exercise. I am doing so well and don't want to lose momentum! I e-mailed my fitness specialist this morning to tell her about it. She said that I'm too far in to "fall off the wagon" and to keep doing what I'm doing. She wants me to ask the oral surgeon when I can resume exercise, but my plan as of right now is that I will be in the gym on Oct. 29! Diet may be an issue since the lesion is on my tongue and it's quite large, but I'll just have to try harder. Healthy soups, yogurts, and have my husband make me some healthy Indian vegetarian dishes.

This morning I went to the gym. I kept up with the "fast lady" the entire walk! I was a bit bummed when I found out my time was still 12 minutes-I really wanted to get it down to 11 today. But, Becky told me that a 12 minute mile is like a jog so that made me feel better! She also said when she runs, it's an 11 minute mile so I'm getting there.

Yesterday at the dentist's office, my blood pressure was 117/76! It looks like the exercise is helping with that!

Last night, Anand told me that my arms look smaller! I was so excited to hear that!

Then, to top things off, I am currently wearing a pair of pants in a size 12 which is a size smaller than I've been wearing! A couple of weeks ago I couldn't even button them! Let's hope the scale also goes down tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment