Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up!

















































Yesterday was our daughters', Maya & Suri's THIRD birthday! It's so hard to believe they are already 3 years old. Where has the time gone? On Saturday, we had a birthday party at home for them. I was up late Friday night getting the house ready & decorating. I picked up an adorable pretend birthday cake and some "Birthday Girl" tiaras. I also got the Disney Princesses plates, napkins and tablecloths and lots of balloons (Maya wanted balloons!). When they got up Saturday morning (at 5:00!), we went downstairs and they were very excited! I plan to post some pics when I load them onto the computer. We had made red velvet cupcakes Friday night, so Saturday morning we frosted & decorated them (with pink frosting of course). Then they got dressed up in their gorgeous new outfits from Auntie Gowri & Uncle Dantu. Family & Friends (Grammie, Grampa, Sage, Shelbie, Nana, Aunt, Auntie Stacy, Uncle Paul, and Emma all arrived around 1:00). The girls were desperate to open their gifts so we did that first. They got so many gifts: dolls, talking dolls, dress-up clothes, a new outfit to wear to their first field trip to the movies this week, play food, toothbrushes, toothpaste, mittens, gloves, toy phones, a huge coloring book with double-ended crayons, and probably other stuff I haven't even seen yet because they ripped through them so fast! Then, we had cupcakes & punch-they did a great job blowing out the candles!

On Sunday morning, we headed to Whole Foods. The girls LOVE going there. They love the mac & cheese! We did our shopping and then got their mac & cheese along with our sushi and sat down in the cafe to listen to the jazz band that was playing. Maya & Suri were dancing and having a great time! They wanted them to play songs for them, so I took them over to one of the band members. I told them it was their birthday and they had song requests. So, he asked Maya what song she wanted to hear and she said "Beat it"...ha ha!! Then, Suri said she wanted "Katy Perry"...love it. We all laughed and then they went back to dancing. We finished up our shopping and left.

On the way home, we had another stop at Sam's to pick up a few things. We came across a counterheight dining set that caught our eyes. It was the last one & a display so we happened to have the manager standing right behind us (yes, she knows us from seeing us there all the time...ha ha!) so I asked her how bad she wanted to get rid of it (wink, wink!). She gave us an AMAZING deal so we took it! We needed a new dining set desperately. Our old one had 6 chairs and 3 of them were broken. The upholstery on the chairs was horrendous (thanks girls!) and the table was getting pretty wobbly. We were definitely in the right place at the right time! Love it when that happens! I tried to find a picture of the actual set but no such luck. This one is very close-same detailing on the chairs. Ours is a mahogany color. We LOVE it! The girls played musical chairs & had a tea party last night.

When I was putting them to bed last night, Suri said "Mama-I had such a nice day today. I went to Whole Foods, danced to the music, learned some new moves and had a tea party". My heart melted. That was absolutely priceless!



























































No comments:

Post a Comment