Sorry no picture. I found this recipe on a blog that I subscribe to http://ashleescooking.blogspot.com/
This recipe sounded fabulous! I pretty much followed Ashlee's version. The only change I did was to use corn tortillas as she recommended and I used black beans.
The filling was GREAT. The pumpkin sauce was ok-it didn't seem to have much flavor to me. Next time, I think I would just use enchilada sauce. But, pumpkin is a super food so at least we got some nutrition out of it!
Here is the recipe:
Filling:
2 cloves garlic
1 small yellow onion, chopped (I used a shallot)
1 T olive oil
1/2 jalapeno, finely diced
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 zucchini, grated
salt/pepper
1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed
1/4 c fresh cilantro, chopped
Pumpkin sauce (below)
12 corn tortillas (I could only find the small ones so if you use large ones you may only need 6)
Handful or two of grated cheddar cheese (I used lowfat mexican blend)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, onions, jalapeno, zucchini, cumin, pepper and a big pinch of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes, add kale and stir until soft. Remove from heat and stir in a few grinds of black pepper, the beans, cilantro and a few tablespoons of enchilada sauce.
Pumpkin Sauce:
1-15 oz. can pumpkin puree
2 C Vegetable Stock
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 jalapeno pepper, quartered (I used the other half from the filling)
1 tsp. chili powder
2 T tomato paste
In a blender, puree the ingredients until smooth. Pour 1 cup of sauce onto the bottom of a baking dish. Spoon filling into tortillas, roll and place in baking sheet. Cover with sauce and top with shredded cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown & bubbly.
No comments:
Post a Comment