Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What a Great Day!

So...this morning was, um, interesting? I woke up and got ready for the gym, got the girls ready, and poured my coffee. Maya opened the garage door and said "Mama-Gigi's lights are blinking". "Gigi" is our car. Oh no. Sure enough- the hazard lights were on. So, I tried starting it and nothing. Into the house we went and I called AAA aka my lifesaver :) They told me someone would be there within 45 minutes. I changed into my work clothes since going to the gym was out of the question at that point and gave the girls some cereal and milk. Then, we waited for about half an hour and AAA arrived. They got the car going and we were on our way. On the drive to daycare, I got thinking. Had this scenario played out a couple of weeks ago, I would have gone into panic mode. I would have been angry and my day would have been ruined. Today, for some reason, I felt at peace...I felt calm. It definitely did not ruin my day at all. It was simply a minor blip in the morning. Did I get to the gym at my usual time? No, but it did not matter. Life happened, I dealt with it and moved on. It seems minor, but felt (and still feels) big to me. For the rest of the morning, I kept thinking about how calm I felt.

I did bring my gym bag and planned on going to work out at lunchtime, but didn't end up getting there. Guess what? It's ok-I have my bag packed and will go in the morning. Life happens...it happened and it still goes on. No sense in beating myself up over it. Tomorrow is a new day and full of possibilities.

After work, I picked up the girls and we headed to the dance studio to register them for dance camp next month. Then, it was time to go to Weight Watchers. I was a bit nervous about it because I had a big lunch. (NOTE: definite pattern here. When I work out, my eating is so much healthier. One day away from the gym and I ordered out at work!). I have been tracking my food and working out consistently for the past week, but still was "nervous" about that scale. I lost 1.4 lbs! This just reiterated how I'm doing-feeling great and the scale is heading in the right direction. I'll take it!

It was a great day!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment