Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

Health Update

I had my stereotactic biopsy yesterday. It went really well! I couldn't have asked for a better team-the breast care coordinator, technician, and radiologist were all so amazing. We actually laughed throughout most of the procedure! In fact, we were "scolded" by the radiologist and told we could not laugh for at least a few minutes. :) Then, he started laughing! Anyway, they gave me 1 mg. of Ativan-my blood pressure was really high (148/90). I didn't feel like I was nervous, but apparently I was. The medication just made me relaxed and tired. They got me positioned on the table and did the biopsy, then they checked the cells to make sure they were the calcifications. Then, he placed the titanium marker and I had another mammogram and that was it! They bandaged me up, gave me my discharge instructions and I was done. I was told to rest, ice, watch for bleeding, no lifting over 10 pounds, and no exercising until Saturday.I have steri-strips that will stay on for 3-4 days and should have results by Monday. The radiologist told me that he would be "blown away if it comes back as anything". That was very reassuring!

After the biopsy, me, my mom & my aunt went to pick up the girls. We went out to lunch and then went to Target. :) Then, I went home and crashed. Work today (with ice packs!) then it's the weekend!

Oh, and I got some new shoes :)

Women's Mossimo Black® Pam Wedge

UPDATE: I just received the call from the hospital. My results are in and they are...BENIGN! Fibrocystic changes-follow-up in six months for a mammogram. I am also doing great with the biopsy-no pain, no swelling, no bleeding. I feel great. Now I'm off to have a GREAT weekend. Celebration time. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment