Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2014

Changes-Health & Dietary

I was supposed to be having my infusion today, but apparently the pharmacy had other plans. I got a call from my dr's office yesterday afternoon saying they had not received my medication. I had ordered it on Sept. 16, so it ld have been there long ago. I called the pharmacy and they said they would overnight it, but it would not have been there in time for my 8:30 appt this morning. It's a six hour infusion, so they have to start early. I am rescheduled for Tuesday. Should be interesting since Anand is traveling. My Aunt is coming Monday night and will get the girls ready for school and on & off the bus. Stacy is driving me to Cambridge. I'm hoping this one will go better than the last since I'll be on my own with the girls until Anand gets home Thursday night. My plan is to get meals and everything ready on Monday for the week.

Yesterday, I made turkey meatballs and the cauliflower "rice" I blogged. I also made some of my Favorite banana bread. The banana bread has some sugar in it, so not Whole30 compliant, but I am ok with that.

Update: I am modifying my diet to fit my needs. I love that Whole30 inspired me to make changes to my diet, however I have decided to do what works for my body...what makes me feel good. I love peanut butter, I like legumes, and I want them back in my life! I also know that I am sensitive to gluten, so that is pretty much out. Prior to starting Whole30, my diet consisted of way too much sugar and white carbs. I have dramatically cleaned up my diet. Even though I am not 100% following Whole30, I am changing my diet to what works for me and that I can continue to live with. I will not be labeling my posts as "Whole30" because I am not 100% following it now. I do love that Whole30 is what started me back on my path to eating a cleaner, healthier diet. Will I live without bread & pasta in my life? Not a chance. My goal is to eat foods that make me feel good. And to eat what I want in moderation. To know when to stop and to stop eating for emotional reasons. I am still tracking my food on My Fitness Pal as I find it holds me accountable. I am still weighing myself on Monday mornings. I will continue basing my meals around proteins and veggies. But I will also allow myself to have a treat occasionally-IF I want it, not just because it's there and it's a habit. I will eat mindfully.

Happy Friday!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment