Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

3rd Anniversary Details!







We had such a wonderful anniversary! We had made reservations at the Senator Inn & Spa for dinner (Cloud Nine Restaurant) at 7:00. The Senator is a special place for us since we had our wedding reception there 3 years ago.








I ordered a "Love Potion #9"-basically a fruity martini. Our server asked for my ID! My lovely husband looked at her and said "are you kidding?" (Thanks a bunch Honey!) I told her that I loved her as I handed her my driver's license. The drink was very good-in fact, it was so good I had another!



Then, my wonderful husband handed me a gift! This was quite a surprise since we had decided that our trip to Atlanta was our anniversary gift. But, I do LOVE me some presents :) This is what I got...







How excited was I??! I've been wanting some stranded pearls for a long time! Then, Anand pulled out another box...seriously! My husband ROCKS!





Thank goodness I had bought him a present also! Traditionally, 3rd anniversary gift is "leather", so I bought him these...








He loved them!



Onto dinner:



We started with oysters on the half shell...how romantic is that?! For entrees, I had the Maple Ginger-Glazed Fresh Salmon with shiitake mushroom saute on a bed of wilted Swiss chard, with wild mushroom bread pudding-OMG was it ever good? I am now on the lookout for a wild mushroom bread pudding recipe. SO GOOD! Anand had Maine Seafood Stew over Fresh Pasta with scallops, shrimp, clams & salmon in a spicy tomato-based broth. He loved it! For dessert, we shared a slice of pumpkin cheesecake-yum!



We had a wonderful anniversary and we're looking forward to many more years of happiness!

I love you Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment