I can't believe I've made it through 2 whole days and I feel GREAT!! My husband is doing this with me and he says he also feels great. We have decided we like this "lifestyle change" so much because it feels like we're eating all the time. I feel lighter, less bloated and just overall great. I have a shirt on today that just last week was tight around the belly area-today it feels good and not tight at all. I'm sure getting all these carbs & sugar out of my system is helping me.
It does take a lot of prep work, though. I get home from work-prepare dinner and prep the next day's meals. That does take some time, but we're eating so much healthier and feel so good that it is definitely worth it. Anand had to take his food on the road today-we'll see how that goes. He should be fine, though, as I made sure he had enough snacks to keep him satisfied.
Today's Menu:
Breakfast:
2 Egg Muffins (these are great-I'm making more tonight)
Coffee (sweetened with Splenda)
Snack:
String Cheese
15 Almonds
Lunch:
Grilled Shrimp in a Herb-Dill Sauce
Cucumber sticks
Dessert: Sugar Free Pudding Cup
Snack:
2 Turkey Roll-ups with Cilantro Mayonnaise
Dinner:
Tossed Salad with Chick Peas & Shredded Cheese
2 T Salad Dressing
Snack:
Sugar Free Fudgsicle
Dilled Shrimp Salad with Herb Dill Dressing
adapted from South Beach Diet page 142
Let me just say this was the most delicious shrimp I have ever had. It was very tasty and so satisfying.
Take 1 lb. Large shrimp and drizzle a bit of olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper. Grill shrimp a couple minutes on each side until just cooked through.
Dressing:
3 T Olive Oil
3 T Red Wine Vinegar
2 T Water
1 tsp. Dried Basil
1 tsp. Dried Dill
1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
Mix the dressing together and shake. Place the grilled shrimp into the dressing and toss well. Cover and refrigerate. Serve the shrimp mixture on romaine leaves. YUM!
No comments:
Post a Comment