Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 4!

It's Day 4 already!! I feel absolutely fabulous! I have more energy and feel lighter. I feel really, really healthy. Last night, I had a moment when I thought I wanted some cake. Then, I examined my thoughts and realized I wasn't hungry at all, didn't even really wanted. It was at that moment I realized that I am an emotional eater! I was feeling stressed and that was the reason I "wanted" cake. I worked through it and felt even better for beating the cake! I made some more egg muffins so we would have them for breakfast today. They are really easy and very yummy. Here is today's menu:

Breakfast:
2 Egg Muffins

Snack:
Celery stuffed with 1 wedge Laughing Cow Cheese

Lunch:
Chef's Salad (romaine, cucumber, sliced turkey, 1 hardboiled egg)
2 T Ranch Dressing

Snack:
1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese

Dinner:
Flounder in Scallion & Ginger Sauce (South Beach recipe)
Roasted Asparagus

Dessert:
Sugar Free Fudgsicle


Flounder in Scallion & Ginger Sauce
adapted from South Beach Book-page 163

1/2 Cup Dry Wine
3 T Tamari
2 tsp. Sesame Oil
1/4 Cup finely chopped green onion
1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
1 tsp. finely chopped garlic
Flounder Fillets

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix the wine, tamari, sesame oil, onion, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Place the fillets in an ovenproof casserole dish. Drizzle the marinade over the fish and bake for 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment