Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday!





Happy Monday! Today is weigh-in day and I was thrilled to discover I have lost another half of a pound! I'm down 11.2 pounds and am feeling great!

We had a nice weekend. On Saturday, we took Maya & Suri to "Kids Day in Capitol Park". There were lots of children's activities, food (which we didn't have-go willpower!), and kid's dance performances. My favorite part was watching Maya & Suri run & play in the park.
Here is Maya with her balloon...
And, Suri with hers...
On Saturday evening, our friends Jason & Rebecca came over for dinner.
Jason & Rebecca love Indian food, so Anand made some of our favorites.
Chicken Tikka Masala

Basmati Rice with Peas

Chicken Pilau

And for dessert we had strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries with light whipped cream and biscotti-YUM!

So, you might ask..why the chicken?? We are working towards becoming vegetarian (well, we will probably eat seafood), and will most likely not buy chicken again but we had a bunch in the freezer to use up. So, once it's gone it's gone. Yesterday we did grocery shopping. We bought a lot of fruits, veggies, and tofu. I am really excited for this week's meal planning! Here are Maya & Suri getting ready to go grocery shopping...

Maya

Suri

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment