Search This Blog

Monday, June 2, 2008

Weigh-In Day!

So, today is a much better day than Friday. I have gotten over my "decorating strike" and am looking forward to get it moving again. I found a great deal on a ladder bookcase and 2 corner bookcases-they all fit together. They were regularly priced at $220 all together and we got them for...are you ready for this one?? Clearanced for $41 total!! Unbelievable. And they are the perfect color as they match the pre-existing computer desk and filing cabinets. I found a picture on a website that looks similar.

This is the "corner piece" that goes on each end...



And this is the ladder bookcase that goes in the middle...







They look very nice put together (thanks Honey!). I'll take a picture and post it.







We went to two movies this weekend! Very unusual for us. We saw Indiana Jones Saturday night. I'll admit I was not looking forward to that one, but I surprisingly liked it a lot! It was a really good movie. But, then, Sunday night we went to see Sex & The City and I LOVED IT!! What a great movie. I want to see it again. SO GOOD.

Since today was weigh-in day, I went to jump on the scales but they weren't working. It kept saying low battery, but I changed them like 3 times and nothing. Thank goodness I have scales at work. I lost 2 lbs! YIPPEE!! This was really great news for me.
Total weight loss so far: 8.2 lbs!

Last night, for the first time in 3 weeks, I decided to have a little popcorn at the movies. The first couple of bites were really good, and then after about 2 handfuls, I decided it was enough. This is a huge step for me. Before, I would have eaten the whole bag and then felt sick after. I guess, for me, I need to think when I eat and notice how I'm feeling. If I can stop within a few bites that is the key for me! It's ok to have some favorite "forbidden" foods as long as it's not every meal and every day-I just have to know when to stop. And another key for me is to hop back on the wagon the next day if I do decide to splurge a bit. My husband is taking me to buy a new dress for our weekend getaway this weekend...can't wait!

Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment