
While he was fishing, Sage & I took the girls to Target. I have been eyeing these adorable sandals for quite some time now and they were finally marked down to $3.00 so I had no choice but to buy them for Maya & Suri. They are the cutest things ever (the shoes and the girls, of course)...

They also had some other great deals, so I bought them a couple of other pairs for next year. These were $2.48...

And I got them each one more pair for $2.48 each (can't find the picture). Have I told you how much I heart Target??!!
On Sunday, we went to Mom & Dad's. Mom absolutely loved the shoes being that we're cut from the same cloth and all :) We had a bbq and went swimming. Maya loved it, Suri not so much. They did have fun running around the back yard, though.
I have a couple of awesome recipes to share. The first one is Pad Thai from "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch". This was incredible...

Pad Thai
(from Skinny Bitch in the Kitch, page 92)
Ingredients:
6 oz. Rice Stick Noodles
1/4 C Agave Nectar
1/4 C Mirin
3 T Ketchup
3 T Tamari
1-1/2 T Lime Juice
1 T Thai Chili Sauce
2 T Coconut Oil (I used Safflower Oil)
14-16 oz. Extra Firm Tofu, cubed
1/2 Red Onion, sliced
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
3 Scallions, halved lengthwise and cut into 2 inch pieces
2 C Bean Sprouts
1 Carrot, Shredded
1/4 C Chopped Cilantro
1/4 C Chopped Roasted Peanuts (oops-I forgot to chop mine!)
4-8 Lime Wedges
Directions:
Cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the agave, mirin, ketchup, tamari, lime juice, and chili sauce; set aside.
Heat the oil in a 12-14 inch skillet over high. Add the tofu and stir-fry for 4 minutes (I did mine longer until it was browned. I would also recommend seasoning the tofu with s&p first). Add the red onion and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the noodles and the agave nectar mixture and stir-fry until the noodles are softened and evenly coated with sauce. Add the scallions, bean sprouts, and carrot and stir-fry until all the ingredients are well combined and heated through.
Transfer the pad thai to plates or a platter; garnish with cilantro, peanuts, and lime wedges, and serve. ENJOY!
The next dish I tried (last night) was "Refreshing Summer Orzo Salad". This was INCREDIBLE. SO good...I will definitely make this again.
Refreshing Summer Orzo Salad
(from www.allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:
4 C Chicken Broth (or vegetable broth)
1 (16 oz) package Orzo pasta
1-1/2 T Butter ( I left this out as it wasn't necessary)
1/4 C EVOO
1-1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 C Pine Nuts
1 C Pitted Kalamata Olives
1 (2 oz) Jar Capers, with liquid
12 oz. Basil-Flavored Feta Cheese, crumbled
1 (10 oz) Bag Fresh Spinach Leaves, chopped
1 T Lemon Juice (I used lime)
Directions:
1. Bring the broth to a boil over high heat. Add the orzo and cook until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain well, then pour the orzo into a bowl, and toss with the butter to keep it from sticking; set aside. NOTE: I cooked the orzo until most of the liquid was gone, but I didn't bother to drain-there was no need to. Orzo tends to get dry, so I felt that leaving the little bit of broth would be the better way to go.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the EVOO in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook until the garlic softens and the aroma mellows, about 2 minutes. Stir in the basil, thyme, red pepper flakes, and pine nuts. Cook and stir until the pine nuts have toasted to a light golden brown.
3. Stir the pine nut mixture into the orzo along with the olives, capers, feta cheese, spinach, and lemon juice. Serve either warm or cold, but it's better the next day.
I had this both warm and cold-it was FANTASTIC either way. Enjoy!
And, before I go, here is a picture of me & Maya just because I think it's cute! I took it while I was holding her. 
No comments:
Post a Comment