Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Happy Hump Day!

Hard to believe it's already Wednesday! We left for our little 3 day getaway Sunday and got home last night-had a great time and can't wait for another one! It was absolutely beautiful in Bar Harbor. So much to report-where do I begin?? This was the view from our balcony...



Ok, I didn't post Friday because Suri was sick Thursday night. She vomited about 6 times between dinnertime Thursday and early Friday morning. I stayed home with her and she was much better Friday and by Saturday you wouldn't know anything had been wrong-little spitfire! I figured Maya would get it next so was thinking we wouldn't be able to go away, but fortunately for all involved she got lucky! On Saturday, we pretty much got ready-packed, cleaned, all the fun stuff (not). Darcy arrived a little before 11:00 on Sunday and we gave her an "orientation" on the house and everything else she needed to know, installed the carseats in her vehicle, wrote up emergency letters just in case, etc. I also packed us a picnic for the road-smart thinking, eh? We were off right around noon after putting the girls down for a nap. Do I look excited??




We snacked on homemade salsa and turkey-cheese lettuce "wraps" on the way. We got to the hotel around 3:00 (after stopping to buy swimsuits because we forgot ours at home). We checked in and started the "action"-you may ask, "what action"? We're just wild & crazy!


Yes, that is our picnic tablecloth my husband is using as a blanket!

We met up with a bunch of friends at Geddy's in downtown Bar Harbor for dinner & drinks at 6:30.



I had a margarita-a huge one! It was so good! Notice the monkey hanging on the edge...cute, huh?



I also had a crab roll-shouldn't have had the roll, but I figured at least I didn't have french fries. Speaking of french fries, I have a word of caution to anyone who is on their 4th week of South Beach-DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT eat fried food and expect to feel "normal" after. Poor, poor hubby of mine decided to "live it up" and have fried fish & fries-not a good idea. He was sick as a dog the next morning. He had hoped to hang out in Bar Harbor for the day Monday while I was at my meeting. He ended up staying in bed all day. I told him to rest up as much as possible and to try to get it out of his system for the party that night. He still wasn't feeling great, so didn't get the pleasure of drinking at all that evening, but I drank enough for the both of us. Cocktail hour started at 6:00-Margarita time!


The theme for the event was "Mardi Gras".

I ended up having 3 of them throughout the night-they were small though (think 4 ounce cups). Then, we had dinner & awards (I got a 10 year award). Then, came the dancing. I danced the night away while poor Andy sat at the table drinking Cokes to help his ailing stomach.

Tuesday morning, I didn't feel so well (partially self-induced and partially on my monthly "friend"). Let's just say I wasn't prepared for that one so didn't bring any supplies. My poor husband had to make a mad dash to Wally World to pick up supplies for me (now that is true love. Thank you honey-I love you!). We drove around Acadia and headed back home to pick up the girls at daycare. We had called Darcy several times to check on them, by the way. Darcy was great-she left a very detailed list of everything they did, ate, you name it. She is very thorough, that girl! When we got to daycare, Maya was very happy to see us. Suri-not so much. They said Maya had been "emotional"-she is Mama's girl and very, very sensitive. She clung to me! Suri was happy to see us, but really didn't get too worked up. She is the independent one for sure!

So, on the diet front, I would say I did really well-minus the margaritas. I was definitely ready to get back to my routine though. I am bloated as can be today (thanks again "friend"). I wasn't able to weigh in Monday since we weren't at home. But, I will weigh next Monday. I don't want to get discouraged by any remaining margarita pounds, so will wait! It is after lunch now. I had my salad for lunch, so I'm right back in the groove. The great think about this weekend is that even though I told myself I was going to eat what I wanted, I didn't have any cravings for anything "bad" -other than the margaritas. Food just isn't as appealing to me as it was before. I guess that is a good thing!

Oh, and by far, the biggest & best thing I have to report...

On Friday afternoon, our wonderful friends, Dantu & Gowri called us (they live in NY). After almost 5 years of trying to conceive which included 3 IVF cycles, they are finally PREGNANT! We are soooo excited for them! And the best news of all is that her hcg level is DOUBLE what mine was around the same time, so we're thinking AT LEAST twins. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they have twin boys and they grow up and marry our twin girls??!!
CONGRATULATIONS D & G!! Tomorrow is ultrasound day to find out how many little ones are in there.


Here are a few pics of Acadia...








When I came back to work today, I got a call from the front desk saying there was a basket for me! I won one of the vendor drawings! Thanks to Iron Mountain for this great Mardi Gras basket! What a great surprise!


Till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment