Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Monday!

Today is Monday and I was really dreading the weigh-in. I haven't been so structured and organized in regards to meals this past week and we decided to have a "cheat meal" Saturday (chinese food-boy, was it ever good!). But, imagine how happy I was to get on the scale and discover I had lost 2.2 pounds!! This brings my total weight loss to 10.6 pounds! I'm really getting now that it is a gradual process and to not beat myself up over the whole thing. It's all about making the best choices and finding variations to your favorite foods. I have discovered Ezekiel bread products-they are all-natural organic sprouted grains with no flour. I found the bread at the natural food store. It's a little more expensive than "normal" bread-I think it was around $4.00 for a loaf. But, I figure that it's good for us and we obviously don't eat that much of it at one time. I wouldn't have hesitated to pay $4.00 for a bag of chips, so at least I'm getting some good nutrition out of this!



On Saturday, we went to Gardiner for a "Whatever Festival". Basically, there were a bunch of booths set up, food everywhere, activities for the kids, etc. The library had a book sale. Having the girls with us, I wasn't able to really dig through the books but we did find a Wiggles CD for them for $1.00. Then, we did our grocery shopping and went home.



Yesterday, we ventured outside to the patio to rake and set up the furniture. The girls had a blast playing outside. I bought them a couple bubble wands at the Dollar Tree-they loved them! After cleaning, setting up the furniture, and weeding out the entry way, we decided to go to Lowe's to pick up a few things. Maya kept hugging Suri-so cute!



I wanted to get some annuals and mulch for the newly-weeded entry way! We got some impatiens and some chocolate brown mulch. I planted them last night. Here is a picture although it's dark...I can't wait until they bloom!



Well, I guess that's it for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment